Saturday, June 13, 2009

I once was but I was able to quit

I once smoked, Oh Ya -- lets see,,, started when I was 15 (then you was really cool) ,, quit on my 63rd birthday. figure that out, that would be 48 yrs.... 2-3 pks. everyday.. Holy Crap! what we will do to ourselves. It was a Hell of a lot easier to start than it was to quit but I finally did it. My advise "don't start",, not cool, not even smart.

I once put career first, family second --- Now that was really stupid & selfish. I am not going to spend much time on this because I am not a bit proud of ever being that blind, stupid or selfish. All I can really say is to My Family: I am sorry, really sorry.

I once was a Democrat --- Yups, full blown Democrat. Even donated cash every time it was requested. Born a Democrat, Raised a Democrat, even tried to think like one.
But then along came Jimmy Carter and I started my waking up process ( hey I said started! )
Then one day Bill & Hillary came on the scene... I was one of the lucky ones, I seen thru them pretty quick. I thought to myself, whats my choices? Democrat, Republican, Independent, Libertarian or one of them other off the main stream parties.
I have to admit I have always been moderate and a bit to the right or I started leaning that way sometime in the last 20-25 years.
My problems with Clinton? everything! yup, everything that has ever been written about him, everything he has ever done or said. To numerous to even get into.
Bush 1, I thought he was a good man & good for us during the years we had him. Bush 2, some won't like this and most won't agree but I like him now and I liked him as President. The main thing G.W. did not do that I greatly disagreed with was leave our borders open. I won't forgive him for that one.

Now,,, I am going to be a good Republican as I have been since my awakening but if my party fails to see the importance of closing our borders and getting all illegal aliens out of my country then I guess I will be looking for another party that feels the way I do.
How can so many things illegal really be illegal but illegal aliens aren't really illegal, not paying taxs is illegal but if the Dems choose to not pay taxs it's not really illegal?? Kind of strange, isn't it?

I once was young -- but, I wouldn't want to do it again. It was tough, it was fun. I met all my friends, met my wife, met my kids, grandkids and 1 little bugger (my great grandson) they are the reason.

I once was smart -- You know, the thing I wish I could turn back and redo the most? spend more time with my dad, he was really a great man but it took me to long to figure that out and of course spend more time with family when you are younger. Things like camping, fishing, sledding, swimming, hiking...

No comments:

Post a Comment